1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A few early reviews/impressions of the just released NX500

Discussion in 'Samsung NX Forum' started by Brian style, Mar 18, 2015.

1. teddoman

teddoman SC Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    nyc
    Dpreview posted some early test photos too

2. Brian style

Brian style SC Regular

Jan 3, 2014
  3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    For some reason....just not impressed by the Samsung offerings in the camera range. From some of those reviews, the IQ seems lackluster and the body styling and white color or just a complete turn off. Reminds me too much of a Sony mirrorless camera. Definitely not for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I might want to upgrade my NX300 to one of these in a year or two. Hopefully the new sensor has similar colours and character as the old 20mp, which to date gives my favourite output of any brand or camera, regardless of sensor size. Similar to a Sony? No way!

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I meant similar to Sony in styling, not image rendition. It just seems to cold and clinical for my taste.

6. Brian style

Brian style SC Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    One of the things I really like about my NX300 (and the NX3000) is the styling. It is modern and classy, I'd even call them handsome cameras. The brushed aluminum top plate on the black body looks contemporary and modern (I'm not a fan of the other colors but the spirit is still there). The NX300/500 are unique with their curved grips which I initially thought would be uncomfortable but turned out the be very comfortable indeed.