A few street shots with the Leica T/18-56

D

dalethorn

Four recent images I processed to illustrate how I use the Leica T/18-56 and what kind of results I get shooting JPEGs: The Halloween house was easy to shoot, but difficult to get the perspective right after the fact (using an old copy of Paint Shop Pro). The leaves-in-flowerpot is a favorite of mine for color and texture. The fish had to be thrown back as too small, oddly enough. The T/18-56 resolved the details well despite the shiny glare from the water on the fish scales.

The church wedding was a worst-case attempt - I like to practice on worst-case images to improve my restoration skills. Shooting handheld at 1/50 second through a heavily-tinted window at ground level, there were a lot of reflections on the window, particularly on the left side. Placing the lens against the glass, I shot several bursts with the camera at different angles slightly to the left of straight on/center, because that's where I could get the most interior detail with the least amount of reflections. This was the best of those, slightly cropped, although there's some leftover haze in the image.

Leica T/18-56, f11, 1/500, ISO 200.
Charleston_Downtown22_s.jpg

Leica T/18-56, f5.6, 1/100, ISO 200.
Leaves21_s.jpg

Leica T/18-56, f6.2, 1/320, ISO 200.
Fish03_s.jpg

Leica T/18-56, f3.5, 1/50, ISO 200.
Church11_s.jpg

Back