1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A great adventure!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by HeatherTheVet, Jul 14, 2011.

1. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Oh Happy Day! I'm going to London next week. I've managed to book a hotel for one night in Bloomsbury just 5 mins away from the British Museum. And my other half is going to be heading off for a meeting with his agent, so I will be at large on my own in London for hours.

BRILLIANT!!!! I wonder how much crap I can carry? Camera and lenses and batteries and a gorillapod. A leatherbound notebook, 2 pens and a pencil. A Moleskine London edition. A bottle of water. Probably a handful of tickets and receipts and random colourful bits of paper that I accumulate along the way. The Guardian. A big square scarf. Maybe a little ipod, probably not.

So my question - What "essential" stuff do you carry?

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Candy... Preferable the gummy kind.
    Real shooters like Swedish Fish but times are changing...some younger shooters actually carry gummy bears. I heard about this but never saw it so I don't believe it.

Ya need batteries and a card and a lenspen.
    The lenspen is for cleaning the glass.

Have a good trip and be safe. By all means...
    Watch out for pasta fondlers....

3. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    I did buy a special wee lens cleaning cloth thing that clips on to the case but then I put in in my office. I can't even get to my desk just now for the crap that's in there. I also have one of those blower things, but I'm not carrying that around and looking like a total plank.

Got 2 batteries, got a spare card, need to clear out the current one too.

A refined lady like me would never be seen chewing gum in a public place. I shall have to make alternative arrangements.

I am so very excited, only 2 more sleeps!

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Looks like your all set to go......

Don't forget to get juxtaposition happening....
    Can't wait to see what you see...