1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

a great photo I saw today

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Luke, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    there are many here who are image junkies. There are a LOT of really great images appearing every day all over the world....there's no way we can ever see them all. Sometimes I run into one that takes my breath away. I saw one like that today. It's a landscape panorama from one of my flickr contacts..... a type of shot that wouldn't usually get a second glance from me, but this one was pretty epic. Dan is a great photographer. You can view that image here...... http://www.flickr.com/photos/pommedan/12427455933/

Feel free to use this thread to share an image you saw (not one of your own) today that amazed you. In keeping with the rules of the forum, please do NOT post the actual photo here. The original photographer owns the right to their image and only they can choose where it is to be displayed or how it is used. But there is nothing stopping us from pointing out their beautiful work being seen wherever it is being shown.

• Like Like x 15
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    • Like Like x 4
  3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Great idea for a thread, Luke.

I've appreciated all the links.:friends:

• Like Like x 1
  6. El Guapo

El Guapo SC Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    The strange thing is, IF I lived there, I would be out one the balcony or by the house everyday, but you rarely seem to see the owners, at least in my case I don't see them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Just gorgeous!

Cheers, Jock

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Mark, thanks for those.....very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Oh WOW. That guy is phenominal.

And Luke I know how much skill it took -- he could still have screwed it up, and didn't. Just commenting on the fact that he was standing in front of something incredibly striking. An iphone shot of that would've been very, very pretty.

• Like Like x 2
  11. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    A great set of images from Xinjiang by Amy Qin - I know nothing about her - featured on the NYT photo blog.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If photos with titles like "Babe Ruth proves he can slide", "Lou Gehrig safe on double steal" and "Ty Cobb Caught off the Sack" interest you, check out this auction listing for thousands of old rare baseball photos. http://www.legendaryauctions.com/Catalog.aspx?category=202 each one is also curiously able to be clicked and enlarged. I guess if you've got $100 to spend on an old photo, you're not the kind likely to download it for free.

13. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    This thread is depressing ... I'm going back to a gear discussion thread! :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    :rofl:
    Oh Armando no wonder our paths cross less and less nowadays. I miss you mate - I'd almost forgotten about that sense of humour of yours.
    :rofl:

15. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Actually the photos appear to be made by a 'Wang Qing'…unless "Amy" is her Anglicised name. Extraordinarily beautiful, exquisite images. Thanks for sharing Olli!!! :2thumbs:

Now I hate to be 'one of those' but I'd love to know what camera Qing used here. I assume they are digital files, so be keen to know what sensor is capable of such B+W files.

• Like Like x 1
  16. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  17. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
  18. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli

Well spotted. Somehow I managed to miss the entire write-up beneath the slide-show - to busy looking at the pictures I suppose. Still can't find out anything about her though.

19. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Neither can I mate. Let me know if you do. I keep getting accosted with "Wang Qingsong" stuff instead….