1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A greeting from a newbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Randy H., Aug 25, 2012.

1. Randy H.

Randy H. New to SC

Aug 24, 2012
    Hello to all, My name is Randy H. I currently have a Panasonic dmc lumix zs9 camera. My hands and arms have recently acquired a nasty nerve condition. I had just bought a new Nikon D3100. I have had to return it and the accy's. I really want to be able to own and shoot with a decent small camera. I'm interested in these cameras. EX2f, Pansasonic lx7, and the nx line.

I went to the local Best Buy a few days ago and became very interested in the Samsung NX line of cameras. So, That's my story and I'm sticking with it. I'm in Calif. Good by for now. Randy H.:smile:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Welcome! I'm sure that you'll be able to get some good advice here on the cameras that you are interested in.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Randy.

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Welcome, Randy!

5. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    Hi Randy - welcome ! you will get lots of advice here on compacts !!

6. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello Randy.

7. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Hello Randy. Take your time, explore the various cameras you are interested in and I am sure you will make a good decision for you :)

8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome n00b!

9. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Hi, Randy. :th_salute: If you can wait for a little bit, there should be more reviews of the latest cameras popping up.

Depending on which lenses you use with the Samsung NX, it could wind up being nearly as large & weighty as the Nikon D3100. The body itself will be small, the the lens will be comparatively large.

10. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    welcome newbie Randy!
    It might be worthwhile to wait a few weeks and see what comes out of Photokina (late September), the world's biggest camera show. There're always loads of interesting cameras released in every category you can imagine :smile: having said that, you already have some very nice cameras in mind! Which one is best for you will really depend on your intended use and personal preferences (size, control, features etc)...

11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Glad to have you here, Randy. Take your time and take advantage of the well known stores that have good customer service and realize that people need to actually handle and try out their cameras.

Please keep us posted!

• Like Like x 1