A Mini Trip

kathyh

Veteran
Name
Kathy
We took our new car(a Mini) for its first long drive to Kingston (about 200km) by way of the back roads.

View attachment 45742

There was just a light dusting of snow.

6492969827_98fd7e5c0c_b.jpg

But the lakes were starting to freeze over.

6492967123_0528838d66_b.jpg

And the summer homes were all closed up.

6492970745_f630ef5643_b.jpg

And the crops are all in.

6492972937_cbf996f71c_b.jpg

In Kingston they had made a skating rink.

View attachment 45747

And Santa was there too.

Congrats on the new car!! I've been wanting a Mini too. I believe BB has one too. Unfortunately my gas guzzler still has two years of lease to go.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Congratulations upon your new MINI, Kathy! As a longtime MINI cultist, I must put in my two cents that the MINI Cooper S does not have as good mileage as its sibling the non S. They're wonderful cars and tons of fun. Next time, Kathy - we need a shot of your new wheels!

One of the best things about having a fun car to drive is getting out and about to see the sights - which you surely did by the looks of all the different venues you've photographed. I have two favorites: the one of the ice skaters - strictly from an emotional point of view, because they look so happy and I can feel the cold making their cheeks pink!:D My second favorite is the your first black and white - if I may, for me the image seems like a Rorschach of what you saw. I love the layers, the roughness and the light amongst those sepia tones - beautifully seen and pp'd, Kathy!

I'm loving the Mini so far. We got the non S because we didn't like the spoiler on the back of the S. Haven't missed the turbo charging yet. I take no credit for the pp of the first image. It was done using a Nik preset, but thank you.

Back