A minute and a half of internet fame...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Ray Sachs, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    A couple of guys with a website saw some of my photos and liked em enough to ask if they could do a brief interview/profile. I was happy enough to oblige and here's the result. This is my minute and a half of fame on a very small slice of the internet, so have a look before it disappears permanently into the ether....

Or don't, but if interested:

2 Guys Photo

-Ray

• Like Like x 5
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Real nice Ray.
    Well deserved and earned.
    Don

3. bubzz

bubzz New to SC

Mar 8, 2011
    London UK
    Nice article and pix Ray! Well done.

bubzz

4. Karen Cole

Karen Cole SC Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good one Ray! Nice pics and interesting article. Congrats on being discovered...it's nice.

5. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Thanks for posting this Ray and congrats!

I love the crisp look of your photos and especially like the black and white photos - well done and keep it up :)

6. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Don't let it go to your head Ray ;), but I like your work, and I like your vision. I always enjoy your posts. You deserve that little 90 seconds, and maybe some more than that, too. Congrats!

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    Lost cause - my head is so inflated now I don't think there's any hope for me. :cool:

I'm pretty sure the people who have or will see this are the same people who already know or would know me through the DPreview forum where the blog guys posted this (they want to promote their site) and the folks I mentioned it to here and on m43.com and my typical friends and family. So, its a nice recognition from the guy who asked if he could profile me, but I don't think it much goes beyond that. It was kind of fun to think about the stuff enough to answer his questions though.

Thanks everyone.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. Janis

Janis SC Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Congrats, Ray!!!

9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Ray, I just finally got the chance to read this right now, and I am very glad I did. You were, as usual, your normal self - modest, enthusiastic, interesting and witty. Your photographs looked wonderful in there, too! :bravo-009:

At first, I wondered why you'd posted this in here. I now think it's the perfect place, really as it is a great introduction to you and photography. Good for you! :drinks:
    _

10. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    well done bro.... loved your attitude about the whole thing. Grats.
    Pete

11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    As noted across the hall, lacking a category for shameless self-promotion, I didn't know where to put it so I put it here.

Thanks for all of the nice words everyone. I think my sudden blast of fame ended sometime last night and things are all back to normal... :biggrin:

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Congratulations. It prompted me to look at your flickr stream and I'm very glad I did. So many great images I'm now late for work!

• Like Like x 1