A new approach

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Briar, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    A new approach to Blackness Castle, along the banks of the Forth from Abercorn Church, offered my X100 a new perspective of a familiar subject. PP'd with Snapseed.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/briar34/6146939908/" title="Blackness Castle by Briar34, on Flickr"> 6146939908_82f84d2766_b. "1024" height="680" alt="Blackness Castle"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/briar34/6146393911/" title="Blackness Castle by Briar34, on Flickr"> 6146393911_09b78756f5_b. "1024" height="680" alt="Blackness Castle"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nice images - somewhat OT - it irks me that Nik can sell snapseed for about 1/40th of the price of their other plugin software.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    It irks me that I don't have an iPad - yet - and can't use Snapseed! My rationalizations continue and will, I am sure, win out!:dance:

Karen, my favorite - if I had to choose - would be your second for its seemingly 3D feeling but also for the inclusion of the person lost in thought and that chorus of flowers. Dramatic yet the details retained in the foreground's flowers created a counterpoint for the dark and deep horizon line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    why is it that every (most) B&W X100 images I see remind me of an exaggerated digital equivalent of Kodak Tri X 400

• Like Like x 1
  5. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Great images Karen. I'm with BB, because of its greater depth (due to the foreground's stronger subjects and an emphasis on the light tones) the second images just sings...and pops! Really nice B+W treatment also.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    These are great great images.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon SC Regular

I think that both images are in their own way great but I do agree that numero 2 takes the cake!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Great photos! Very enjoyable!

• Like Like x 1
  9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I prefer #2 as well, for the same reasons BB does. I'd love to see a colour version though, without snapseeding. I rather think these would be beautiful in their own right, with little PP.

• Like Like x 1