A question for GRD III owners.

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by bilzmale, Jun 14, 2012.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    It seems that there is no setting to take just RAW (DNG) images but only RAW + jpg. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
  2. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Sure does look that way. If you really don't intend to use the JPEGs, selecting N640 would produce the smallest ones.
  3. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    JPEGs can't be turned off.
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Right, can't turn 'em off. Just use the smallest size and only import the raw files... The smallest jpegs are REALLY small, so it doesn't take up much space or affect write times noticeably...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong SC Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    I seperated with my GRD III a while ago, if my memory serves right, the latest firmware allows you to do RAW only, but you can't see the screen in specialized filters like B&W.
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Wish I could see where that setting is. All I see is that you choose RAW and you get a jpg anyway. Its a royal pain, really. I'd love to be able to just have RAW files, OR jpg files. You can get jpg only... but not RAW only, from what I could see :(
  7. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I have a GRD III with up-to-date firmware. My understanding is that there's no way to turn off JPEG altogether; best you can do is choose to save the smallest JPEG. I'd be happy to learn that I'm wrong, though...