1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A Returning Member

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Prototype, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Prototype

Prototype SC Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Illinois
    Brian
    Hello, I'm not a new member, but I thought I should re-introduce myself since this community has undoubtedly grown since I stopped participating almost two years ago. I spent quite some time just taking poorly composed snapshots at boring events, most of which one couldn't find an Instagram filter to rescue it. I looked back at my past work and saw my progress as a photographer. It was the motivation I needed to switch the exposure mode away from Auto and switch the option back to RAW. Hopefully there are some here that remember me. I've posted some of my work on this forum some time ago: DP1 Thread and Canon Forum

I'll certainly be checking out every section in this forum - almost every manufacturer seems to have introduced something exciting. Imagine my reaction when I found out about sensor size of the RX100, the lenses on the LX7 and EX2f, and the pair of DP Merrills! I've missed so much.

Brian

• Like Like x 5
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome back....the photos in that old thread look good.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    You're not just a returning member - you're a returning founding member. Registered July 2010. Welcome back :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome, returning, founding member!

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Welcome back from a relatively new member :)

6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Welcome back. I have just had a look at your Flickr and the mountain shots are quite stunning. Wish i could have been there myself!

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Good to see you back here - serious compacts (the cameras) are very exciting at the moment.

8. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Welcome back home again!

9. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    The more the merrier! I look forward to your contributions.

10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :yahoo: Brian, I am so glad you're back!! I've always enjoyed your pictures - "auto" or not - and look forward to having you back in the serious compacts saddle again.:friends: