1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A serious compact rangefinder review :)

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by i.am.mine, Jan 22, 2014.

1. i.am.mine

i.am.mine SC Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Hi mates!

Finally i had some free time to write something on my photoblog.

I wrote a review of the Revue400SE, a fixed lens rangefinder sporting a 40mm 1.7 lens. It's probably the same camera of the Minolta Hi-Matic 7sII with some minor differences.

Here is the review: http://itsalwaysluck.com/2014/01/20...nz-35er-minolta-hi-matic-7sii-konica-auto-s3/

Please tell me if you find some inaccuracies in my post!

Peace,
    Giorgio

• Like Like x 4
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac SC Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Launceston & Sydney
    Nick Clark
    I haven't had time to read through the review yet, but far out some of the film work on your blog is amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks for this. Sound like a nice little camera. I have the Bessa R, but am looking to acquire an Olympus 35 SP as a fixed lens alternative. Once I have that, I'll consider this more carefully.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    did you change the link? I'm getting a "page not found"...

But the photos on your blog are beautiful! Will definitely have a closer look later. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Beautiful shots. They're right - the link above is broken but the review is well-marked on your site. Sounds like a lovely little camera.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i.am.mine

i.am.mine SC Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    I'm sorry i attached the wrong link - i updated it so now it's working well.
    Btw thank you all! You are too kind, i am really happy that you appreciate my photography.
    @Lawrence: I also owned a Bessa R and a Bessa R3. They definetively have an amazing viewfinder, but i didn't like the plastic feel and the shutter - it's too loud and it doesn't allow you to shoot safe under 1/60s. I also didn't like the metering pattern - so strange! Btw olympus 35 sp looks great too ;)

7. Woody112704

Woody112704 SC Top Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    Iowa
    Jared
    I enjoyed reading your review and it has given me another option on a film camera to pick up when I go to grab one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    I have the Konica S3 - it has a different lens & to the Revue but otherwise looks identical

At least yours is working - my S3 needs a fix & I can only shoot at 1.8 (plus overide with flash installed & recalculating iso)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I agree with the comments about your film photography: very nice work. I was so fixated on gear I failed to mentioned in my previous post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. i.am.mine

i.am.mine SC Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    thanks again to you all for the appreciation! :))))

11. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    great little review, and if it's anything like the 7sII I once had then, I agree, a great little camera