a short film

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Luke, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    one of my flickr contacts shared this video with me because I have a black and white cat that looks a bit like the cat in the video. I am ROFLMAO....literally. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. Brilliant film-making. Meet Henri, the existentialist cat.

I hope it makes you smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M&list=PL1C665E09E6F1214F&index=2

• Like Like x 11
  2. porchard

porchard SC Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    Devon, UK
    It certainly did... and I'm very glad that I wasn't drinking anything when I read the caption for the scene with the "white idiot" cat, or my keyboard would have been drenched...:smile:

3. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Ah, the joys of ennui.

Cheers, Jock

4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I learned more in that video than I did in my entire philosophy major. Alas, that is the way of existing . . .

5. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Great shot selection. And the acting, THE ACTING! Superbe! Bravo!

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Of course, I'm a sucker for B&W and hearing the French language spoken, so I didn't have a chance even if it had sucked. But it waaaaay didn't suck. Great imagination to do that with a common house cat...

-Ray

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I sure hope it's slow at the store today...I just found it there's a TON more. Here's the website...... http://www.henrilechatnoir.com/

Also, I signed up for Twitter months ago, but now I have a reason to follow "someone". Here's one of Henri's little pearls from a few days ago...... Every human has a tiny, inescapable bit of pain that they carry with them always. It comes from knowing that they will never be a cat.

8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    Thanks Luke. You've gone and wrecked my day. If I could say it in French, "oh, the indiginity"...

-Ray

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    just be warned Ray......watching several in a row does tend to make one down. But what does it really all matter in the end anyways. :wink:

10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    Well, I've watched five or so and existential angst has never been so entertaining. Kind of perfect antidote really - indulge all of the negativity you can stand (thus, perhas innoculating yourself from further infection) but at the same time laughing so hard that the pain never really sinks in. The pain is intellectual (yes, of COURSE it's all pointless - what were we hoping for?), the joy comes from the gut. The gut usually wins.

I think I may prescribe a healthy dose of this stuff to some key members of my family!

-Ray

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Loved it. Thanks, Luke!

12. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    This is fantastic. Wasn't sure what to expect at first, but it's just so cleverly done. 'The white idiot cat who asks for cheeseburgers'. 'Immortalized on the wall. Forgotten on the floor.' Brilliant!