A Table with a View Please...

Covey22

Hall of Famer
NPT-JMS-FEB-2017-014-Edit.jpg

"Saling Barn" Conversion. The coffee table and side tables. I took this shot as part of a portfolio asked of me by an agent when the barn was put up for sale. It is a 14th century cathedral style barn with living accommodation at one end, offices at the other and a huge space in the centre.

jamie.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used to frequent a Chinese restaurant in London, where the staff were famously rude and offhand with the customers. I regarded it as free entertainment when somebody complained and the waiters answered back. I think it was all a bit of an act and they were playing up to their reputation, but some visitors who weren't in the know got quite upset sometimes.

Anyway, I was sitting there one day enjoying my meal when a couple of guys nearby complained that they'd been given a table with no view. They were sitting opposite one another at a small table behind a pillar. Barely glancing up from his order pad, the waiter barked, "No view? You got view of him, he got view of you."

And that was that.

-R

I used to frequent a Chinese restaurant in London, where the staff were famously rude and offhand with the customers. I regarded it as free entertainment when somebody complained and the waiters answered back. I think it was all a bit of an act and they were playing up to their reputation, but some visitors who weren't in the know got quite upset sometimes.

Anyway, I was sitting there one day enjoying my meal when a couple of guys nearby complained that they'd been given a table with no view. They were sitting opposite one another at a small table behind a pillar. Barely glancing up from his order pad, the waiter barked, "No view? You got view of him, he got view of you."

And that was that.

-R

ahhhh...the Wong Kei. Can we have the menu please? "You wanna read? you go library" table for 6 please. "no, you 2 sit there, you 4 upstairs"

Back