A top of Moel Ellio

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Siejones, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Siejones

Siejones SC Rookie

Nov 1, 2011
    Another test outing with the Sony Nex-5n. Can it really replace the heavy full frame system I used to hump up these hills and mountains? The jury still resides ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Lovely photos! Particularly the first two. Great display of the capabilities of the NEX5n as well. Well done.

3. Siejones

Siejones SC Rookie

Nov 1, 2011

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow, Siejones - such gorgeous vistas!

I'd love to see them larger if I could - that second one is an invitation to adventure! Stunning!

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    To see views like that, I'd even go a week without a camera. Man, I need a vacation. Gorgeous shots!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Siejones

Siejones SC Rookie

Nov 1, 2011
    Thanks very much :)

I'm sorry I only ever post below 800px on the net due to fear of image theft :( Not by your self of coarse.

Get yourself high in the mountains my friend. Nothing beats mountain light.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Gorgeous, IMHO the jury is in :)

8. Siejones

Siejones SC Rookie

Nov 1, 2011
    :D Thanks very much.

9. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Wonderful pics. The second is full of punch, but the first makes me want to go back and visit my mountains and face the fact I'm the last. The camera is nice, but you know how to look.

10. Siejones

Siejones SC Rookie

Nov 1, 2011
    Deep....thank you!

11. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Beautiful colour in all of them, but no.2 is my favourite by far - it has great composition and good use of foreground detail, well done!

I agree with Alf, I bet with your great vision, you could make any camera look good :)

12. dmc

dmc SC Rookie

Jul 12, 2011
    Canada
    Great shots! Thanks so much.

13. retow

retow SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Beautiful captures. You will have to decide based on comparisons of large prints, but the Nex5N with its native lenses will not be a satisfactory MFT replacement I believe. Maybe with M lenses.
    2 from the Pilatus in Switzerland from 10 days ago with M9 and ZM Sonnar 50.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Siejones

Siejones SC Rookie

Nov 1, 2011
    Thanks yes I have considered M lenses but although I could happily accept a wide angle prime lens I would struggle with the compositional restriction of the normal to telephoto range. Not too mention to the exceptional cost of M lenses which I find hard to justify.