A word to the wise

ReD

Hall of Famer
Last Friday I had my Fuji F660 stolen from my bag when I was on a job.
Didn't discover this theft until late Sunday.
This has been my main camera since joining this forum & until recently 99% of my photos were taken with it.

No I didn't take out insurance - I'm not sure if the extended Fuji warranty would cover theft or loss but at £25 would have been money well spent if it did.
Household insurance would probably cover it but at around £110 may not be worth the claim & additional premium- something I'll have to check.

I feel a bit sick & will miss that camera - I will need to replace it with something comparable.

I'll now be taking out insurance on my gear

:mad:that sucks ReD, sorry to hear it! Did you file a report with the police? There's a program that you can use to see if any photos taken with that camera are published on the (publicly accessible) internet.

Hope you can find a suitable replacement for a good price *fingers crossed*

Not reported it yet - it was only this afternoon we earmarked the culprit

What is the program?

Gumtree looks useful for a cheap replacement

CameraTrace.com (costs money)
or
StolenCameraFinder.com (free unless you go for a pro account)

If you go for one of the paid versions, I'd suggest waiting a couple of weeks so that whoever stole the camera has the time to sell it on (if that's the plan) and the buyer has time to start uploading images. If you go for the free version, knock yourself out ;)

DPR intro to the websites:
EXIF tracking services help find missing cameras

The Spanish have a phrase for this: El Sucko Baddo.

Sorry to hear of the theft of your camera. I had not heard of the camera tracing software but it sounds promising.

I hope that you recover your camera or get a new one soon.

Cheers, Jock

This is proving quite fruitful thanks for the suggestions & advice

the only downside after checking is that Fuji Superwarranty does not cover loss or theft

Back