Adobe's getting into the Touch Screen Apps: Photoshop Touch

Notwithstanding $9.99 is a nominal price for a lot of power, I read somewhere that the incremental business hook/grab is an optional subscription service.

If I recall, Adobe is trying to get users to subscribe to their cloud service which will allow easy synchronization of their Adobe images across their phone/tablet/computer. To be fair, that is a useful service.

I'm just saying, every penny I save I can use for GAS.

Adobe PhotoshopTouch for the iPad2

Just happened upon this in the technology section of the NY Times: Adobe Photoshop Touch hits iPad 2 for US$9.99 (Update: Back up!) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
Photoshop maker Adobe Systems, Inc., released a long-expected iPad companion aptly named “Photoshop Touch.” The Android version demonstrated at Maxx earlier this year and released shortly afterwards.

The first in a series of six touch-optimized apps (the other five are Collage, Debut, Ideas, Kuler and Proto), it supports Photoshop layers—arguably the basic and most-oft used Photoshop feature...

According to Adobe’s website, the tablet-exclusive Scribble Selection Tool lets you extract objects in an image by simply scribbling on what to keep and then what to remove...

My willpower against buying the iPad2 is beginning to waver - again.;)

P.S. This had come out a while ago, had been pulled from iTunes but is back up again.

Only works on the iPad 2 and later....:mad: Not enough incentive for me to upgrade from "Classic" iPad. We'll see what iPad 3 brings next month, although it's rumored to have a smaller screen - which wouldn't work for me.

Oh, well....Snapseed and a few other apps are doing just fine for me.

Yes, I am waiting to see what the new iPad is like...in real life and see if it is more photography friendly. I do like the looks of the app and can see that this mode of post processing with Snapseed and the others out there are making this kind of pping much more user friendly and faster. Of course many will always prefer their computers but I can see the pluses of this method very much. Plus, I will never buy Photoshop for my computer because I am a mere amateur and it is quite expensive.

As far as I know Karen/Briar does all her post processing on her iPad2 (I believe it's a 2) and her results are very impressive to my eyes.

Time will tell!

I'm like you BB, I actually sold my iPad1 earlier in the year, not thinking I would miss it so much and I have been shoving back the GAS trying to hold out for an iPad3. However, the price on the 2 is very appealing, I dont think I want to get a 3G version, never really needed it before, and the price on the 64G wifi is pretty good at some of the resellers now.

This app might well push me over the edge! ARGHHHHHHHH

Back