1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Adventures of Eliot - Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Stroll Photography' started by Gubrz, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    i hadn't posted in awhile, so thought id throw up a bunch of pics, and just put them all here, so I'm not spending forever trying to group them up for separate threads and suddenly theres 16 posts from me flooding your front pages all out! lol

i can't recall, or find in my profile, if I've posted some of these before... pardon any repeats you remember from earlier in the summer!

if this is somehow not enuf photos for you, there are more for each category/event/day/whatever on my blog, link at btm

I'm sure as soon as i finish attaching all these, ill realize that I've posted all but 3 of them before, or something ridiculous. *eyeroll@self* but I'm pretty sure all my post memories are just from Facebook. pretty sure.
    <.<
    >.>

a roller derby exhibit at the bob bullock museum had a cool old pair of skates on display
    the velveteen skates!
    62915-4.

also from the museum.
    i think he's scratching his heading wondering just how much oxygen is in that tank.
    imagine being in that suit, and having an itchy nose.
    o_O !!!!!! PANIC
    62915-5.

yay i finally get a camera to let me use the built in panorama mode! i swear my sony and iPhone cameras all hate me and have teamed up to prevent panos!!!
    i 99% of the time get that I'm too fast, or it just shows me the last or first frame in the series. so frustrating!
    DSC05756.

bff forced to pose by some pink flowers on a crepe myrtle... i'm fine, btw, and yourself...?
    DSC06900.

inner space caverns... i always feel like, somebatty's watching me...
    mmcave6.

random flower growing at the exit of the caverns
    mmcave10.

along the boardwalk in austin where they should, but don't, have food trailers.
    sittinonthedockofthe.

went to cowboy town, bandera, tx, and saw some soda pop bottles
    DSC07477.

mini vacation to corpus christi. passed this car, so hung out the window to get a shot, less Lu/Lucille kill me for missing an opportunity at a car shot. :)
    %21DSC01422.

driving along the shore in corpus
    %21DSC01526.

i love tug boats! and diving pelicans apparently
    %21DSC01769.

omg, this was SO weird to see, i mean, who leaves their windows down at the beach.. you get all that salty film all ove- goat? what do you mean theres a goat in the...
    %21DSC02626.

close up of a sting ray at the aquarium in corpus
    DSC01918.

thankfully, this lion was shot with a phone
    DSC01999.

skeery snake!
    DSC02048.

this was projected onto the wall in the jelly fish room. i boosted it up crazier than it was, tho
    DSC02074.

this turtle was so cuuuuuuute! there was also a mean angry one in there. they looked like simba and that bad guy from the lion king. but as turtles. you could just TELL that other one was the bad guy in the sea turtle king movie...
    DSC02161.

this bald eagle was found with a broken wing. they apparently fixed him up as best they could, but he is still unable to fly, so they have him in here where he does a great job posing for photos.... pesky fencing! i need that MIT algorithm to remove it!
    DSC02207.

way home from corpus, swung into the park for a leisurely drive, and noticed a baseball game
    %21DSC02988.

%21DSC03132.

...continued...​

• Like Like x 11
  2. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    ...see, i told you...​

connect 4!
    DSC04371.

went on a photo walk with a group in austin, and saw this yoga man posing n stretching in the window of a little shop.
    DSC05073.

moonshine? no, officer... that's no moon (teehee) this is bulb shine.
    DSC05091.

went on the trey ratcliff photo walk in san antonio. saw this while we wandered the city
    DSC05778.

waiting at a cross walk with 234987234 people on the photo walk, and saw these construction workers watching the crowd from across the street. it was pretty difficult to find shots that no one else was getting, when there were so many people with you. so i tried to NOT look at the obvious stuff that everyone else was shooting.
    DSC05818.

this guy was in a tourist info type booth. i asked him if he'd try to look super bored for a photo. this was his modeling job. he cracked up when i showed him
    FREEZE! pick up yer phone, and take a selfie... i bet yer making this same face after feeling the need to go thru all these pics ;)
    DSC05834.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    oh and a couple from a train ride!

DSC05433. DSC05462.

• Like Like x 13
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If these all had little fave buttons, my finger would get sore. Goat, Vault, spaceman, construction workers pano stand out, but should not be misconstrued as the only ones I like.

Dude, you have the widescreen FEVER.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    2.35:1 is my friend! lol!!

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Wow, and you never left Texas!?!? Cool stuff Eliot. I think it would be a blast to borrow your eyes for a week or two and try to get a feel for how you see the world...

-Ray

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If you could make Eliot-vision goggles, you'd be a millionaire

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    It will be built in in next years cameras :clapping:. Some very likeable images Eliot.

9. Nice sampling of images.

Been a busy summer. :)

10. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    Austin area and then San Antonio downtown

You'd think I'd travel more with my hotel discounts I get! Silly airfare prices ruining my life. Lol!

11. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    You'd also have a lot of lawsuits from people complaining of migraine inducing nonsense! Lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    I'm hoping to get a smudge proof evf before Eliot vision. I've already got Eliot vision! My new Sony already has a greeeeeezzzy evf somehow! Are my eyelashes oily?! Do I need a special eyelash shampoo?? Sulfate free? Lol

13. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    Thanks much! Well the BFF visit is three weeks straight. Everything else is me desperately trying not to give into my hermit super powers lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    E, for your 2.35:1 shots, do you shoot in 16 : 9 mode with the bars in your mind. Or do you shoot in your standard aspect ratio and decide later (in post) which ones are calling out for the cinemascope treatment? Or is it some of both?

15. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    I usually shoot full 3:2 and try to frame it up as cine. Often times I don't get far enuf back and end up having to do 16:9 crop instead. Or cut off someone's forehead and chin. Lol. I really wish you could program in any aspect you wanted. It's seems like an easy programming

16. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    E, these are incredible, as always. You up the message board's game, my friend. No more long gaps from posting, please. I think the Connect 4 got the best laugh from me.

17. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    As an aside to anyone else who enjoys Eliot's photos as much as I do, there's a lot more on flickr (and I imagine his blog post as well, but I haven't been there lately)

18. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    Hey thanks so much for such a warm welcome back!!!:D

19. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot