1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

AF of Panasonic lenses on Olympus bodies

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by swandy, Jun 8, 2016.

1. swandy

swandy SC Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    I just received the Panasonic 12-32 Pancake lens with the intention of using it on my Olympus Pen-F. I have been "testing" it against the Olympus 14-42EZ Pancake that I already have and noticed that in low to dim lighting, the Panasonic lens hunts much more often and even when it obtains AF lock, it takes quite a bit longer (several seconds) than the Olympus lens.
    Now I realize that these two zooms are relatively slow as far as Aperture is concerned and from the reviews I have read the Panasonic is supposed to have very quick AF. I was just surprised at how often - aiming the camera at the same spot or object - the Olympus lens would AF much better.
    Anyone else's experience with the Panasonic 12-32 on an Olympus body? Thanks.

2. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    There always seems to be a tiny bit of hunting in low light (on an E-M10) with the 12-32 but I've never known it to take seconds. It locks on within say half a second at most, usually with a quick hunt back and forward. With multi-point AF it's faster than single point. In good light AF is obtained almost instantly.