[C&C] Am I on the right track.

Discussion in 'Photo Critique' started by Mebe.ingme, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Mebe.ingme

Mebe.ingme SC Rookie

Oct 4, 2013
    Hi all, first post here. Jumping straight into the deep end. I have only started PPing my images recently and I am finally at a stage where I am happy with my images . Just seeing if I am on the right track. I generally like the darker grimey look, critique away.

[​IMG][/url] FP-0012271.jpg by mebe.ingme, on Flickr[/IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    if you're happy then you are on the right track. I like it. You may well start backing off a touch after you've found yer style. EVeryone starts a little strong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I'm in the same boat with Post Processing, and all I can say is, ... what Luke said! Although I'll add, I love the wind turbine atop the classic building! Did you notice there's a Film Noir "salon challenge" running for two weeks from Oct 5? Hopefully this will link to the thread, or you should be able to find it under discussions> recent image threads. https://www.photographerslounge.org/showthread.php?t=22558

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    ^^ Here's the important bit of your post. If you like it, that's what matters. I think that your method of processing looks good in the example you showed.

One thing that I would encourage you to do (which you probably do anyway) is to keep hold of the originals (raws or jpegs) in case you have a change of heart in the future. I once liked playing with different colour film simulations which were quite destructive of image quality, but since then I've been able to go back and re-process the originals to suit my current tastes as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mebe.ingme

Mebe.ingme SC Rookie

Oct 4, 2013
    Thanks for the nice words, kind critique and advice, it is very much appreciated. I'm pretty much just starting out on this journey and it's quite exciting. There are so many good images out there it's hard to tell how what I do would compare, not that I want to compare, it's just good to have a base.

That comp looks interesting, I'll post this image and see how it goes. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Looks pretty good to me!

7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    The fade from dark to light, and then the shinny thing to "crown" it, gets my attention (a hard thing to do in my advancing age :smile:). Very nice image, in a Gothic sort of way.

8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I just checked out a bit of your flickrstream.....looks good

9. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I really like your photo and the PP. Great job!