Critique Wanted Am I on the right track.

Hi all, first post here. Jumping straight into the deep end. I have only started PPing my images recently and I am finally at a stage where I am happy with my images . Just seeing if I am on the right track. I generally like the darker grimey look, critique away.

10077204394_aacf723ee2.jpg
[/url] FP-0012271.jpg by mebe.ingme, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm in the same boat with Post Processing, and all I can say is, ... what Luke said! Although I'll add, I love the wind turbine atop the classic building! Did you notice there's a Film Noir "salon challenge" running for two weeks from Oct 5? Hopefully this will link to the thread, or you should be able to find it under discussions> recent image threads. WINNER ANNOUNCED LUKE! 19th serious compacts salon challenge - film noir

I generally like the darker grimey look, critique away.

^^ Here's the important bit of your post. If you like it, that's what matters. I think that your method of processing looks good in the example you showed.

One thing that I would encourage you to do (which you probably do anyway) is to keep hold of the originals (raws or jpegs) in case you have a change of heart in the future. I once liked playing with different colour film simulations which were quite destructive of image quality, but since then I've been able to go back and re-process the originals to suit my current tastes as well.

Thanks for the nice words, kind critique and advice, it is very much appreciated. I'm pretty much just starting out on this journey and it's quite exciting. There are so many good images out there it's hard to tell how what I do would compare, not that I want to compare, it's just good to have a base.

That comp looks interesting, I'll post this image and see how it goes. Thanks.

Back