1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

An American Original

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by entropic remnants, Aug 14, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Nothing Rusts like a Deere, lol...

Still having a lot of fun shooting everything I can with the X100, lol. I actually shot this last Sunday, but hadn't decided what to do with it yet. Now I have...

9511189829_d93f7e4196_b.
    An American Original by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

2. NathanJ

NathanJ SC Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    Glad to see you got the bug. I have not picked up another camera in the 18 months that I have had my X100

3. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    This Photo is superb - No Question it would be on my wall.

The only bug I have is the mottling of the sky over the "J" - what can be done about this? I wonder if its inherent in the Fuji's generally

4. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    A great pic indeeda,

5. entropic remnants

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Thanks!

With regard to the sky: that sort of thing is inherent in the compression of jpg compression and is usually "underneath" any threshold of visibility -- but in this case I ENHANCED it rather than suppressed it. I like the way it almost looks like convection distortion above the radiator. I'm sorry if it seems off but it was a deliberate inclusion.

6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    I totally understand where you are coming from John & agree with the convection distortion - perhaps this could be enhanced

I've used haze filter to soften this sort of feature in the past with varying degrees of success

7. entropic remnants

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    It's a "creative choice" I made to wildly enhance the blue contrast in the photo to pull it out. I discovered that look by accident when I "went too far" with an adjustment, but I liked what it looked like and went with it.

Sometimes, a "flaw" in an image can be exploited -- and sometimes it simply can't, lol. But we have the tools to support our choice either way and that's a good thing!