1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

An XP1 explores Olympic National Park

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by pec, Aug 2, 2013.

1. pec

pec SC Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Hi everyone,

Last year I used nothing but my Nikon V1 to explore Alberta A Chance Encounter | Western Alberta

This year I used my X Pro with basically two lenses (18-55 and a nikon 105/4 macro).

A Chance Encounter | Washington State

Which do I like better - BOTH

But for pure enjoyment taking pictures - I like the Fuji much better. That being said if I need to do wildlife or fast moving grandkids, the V1 reigns supreme.

It's telling that I haven't shot my D700 in over a year.

I appreciate comments and suggestions :)

Thanks!

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice photos Paul.....it reminds me that I'm overdue for a vacation

3. Very nice!

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Nice shots, Paul, but you know, I really liked your Western Alberta set :)

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Very nice work! Kind of my old stomping ground - I went to school in Olympia and lived for years in and around Seattle and did a bit of camping and exploring on the Peninsula. I really like the shots out at Ruby Beach with the sea stacks. Many a cold night camping out there. And some amazingly wet nights camping in the Hoh Rain Forest just inland from there. Beautiful country though.

-Ray

6. pec

pec SC Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Me too, no comparison in my mind - probably unfair of me to make a value statement against the XP1 - Alberta is a tad more target rich :)

7. pec

pec SC Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    The beaches are amazing - I wish we would have had more than 1 sunset during the 7 days. The rest of the time we had heavy cloud banks.

We had a nice house rented in MoClips on the beach - a nice relaxing trip with a few photo ops tossed in :)