And hello from Belgrade also

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by pictogramax, Nov 3, 2011.

1. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Hi everybody,

sorry for not doing this earlier. I have been an active lurker for quite a while and decided to became a little bit of an active member recently. I live in Belgrade, Serbia; I am a graphic designer by formation but I mostly draw comics and illustrations for years professionally.

Photography has been a part of my life for maybe ten years or more, but those were just the purest point&shoot images, in the most direct meaning of the word. I was just taking those pictures as a reference, didn't pay any attention to exposure, light or composition, just tried to stuff in as much as I could, to "digest" and re-use later in my drawings.

It was when my daughter was born, almost 5 years ago, and I was trying to capture the gentle beauty of our newborn, when photo-virus struck me. It was january, indoors low-light and everything I got was a blurry mess:-( Up to that time I used to shoot outside in daylight and everything worked fine on "auto":)

So I started educating myself on basics of exposure, mainly on DPR. And while a learned a lot there, and check regularly to see what's new on a technical side of development, a certain atmosphere of "adoring sharp pixels" (as someone put it well over there recently), made me lust for a different forum.

Here I found a community that I feel is committed more to actual content of an image than to dissecting noise levels in blue channel at ISO 139.700.000:) And I prefer it that way.

For those that might be interested, here are my links:

pictogramax - mondes dessines

Flickr: Milan Jovanovic /pictogramax's Photostream

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Milan, here is an "official" welcome to Serious Compacts! And thank you on behalf of all the members here for your compliment. I do believe we strive to care more about the image than the pixels. I'm so glad that you've decided to join in as an active member and appreciate your thoughtful introduction very much.:flowers_2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome from the Netherlands! I think all of the members here will appreciate and agree with what you said about the images being more important than the technical side of things...

had a quick look through your photostream, very nice! Loved this particular image:
    RIDE | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Like Like x 3
  4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome from Minnesota US! I like the "adoring sharp pixels" line - too true!

I added you on Flickr and look forward to seeing your images here!

5. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    I think we care more about the person than a piece of metal. A great group here. Welcome Milan

• Like Like x 1
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Milan.

7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome here Milan! I'm from Holland.

8. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Thanks, everybody, for such a warm welcome! Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi from Scotland!