"And now for something completely different..."

BruPri

Top Veteran
Name
Bruce J. Pritchard
I'm not sure how I got here, probably over at M 4/3 forum I joined when I purchased my Oly EP-1. I've enjoyed the company and advice, opinions and reflections.
Had just about every rig there is, peaking last year with my M9/Summilux 50mm then the RX1. I'm taking a break, backing up and heading out on to new adventures, climbing down off the gear merry-go-round. I've settled on a used Leica X2 and still have fond memories of all the camera changing, lens trading, review reading, image sharing over the past years. I say this because I need to relax and enjoy traveling and taking pictures, even if traveling is just around the corner and pictures are not the resolution monsters I've had the fortune to have in the past, It's funny how things turn out, priorities change and things just settle in, a comfortable place where one can enjoy life and just dial it back a bit. Breathe. Thanks for all your occasional "thanks" and hope to see you soon!

Hey Bruce,
your words resonate with me. Please pop in here to share an image once in awhile (or at least a link to where we can see you shots). WHile I like to chat "gear" with the best of them, summer is about to turn to autumn (and then winter...YIKES!) so I will start making more images if time permits and if there is one thing i have learned in my gear churning of the last year, it's that I chase resolution and sharpness, but I value OOF and character and feel.

Be well.

Good luck in your travels! I think many of us have forgotten about photography — as in "making images" — in the hunt for a perfect camera (which does not exist anyway). So sometimes it's refreshing to relax and just get out with the camera in hand.

Enjoy! And come back when you can. I love gear but I'm ALWAYS more interested on the shot than what it was taken with. So please drop in with shots, regardless of camera(s) used...

-Ray

Hey Bruce,
your words resonate with me. Please pop in here to share an image once in awhile (or at least a link to where we can see you shots). WHile I like to chat "gear" with the best of them, summer is about to turn to autumn (and then winter...YIKES!) so I will start making more images if time permits and if there is one thing i have learned in my gear churning of the last year, it's that I chase resolution and sharpness, but I value OOF and character and feel.

Be well.

Thanks Luke, here are a few that make me smile, click on the image to go to the gallery...

Wise words. You are there and I`m still trying. I have taken pretty decent as well as lousy pictures with each and every camera I owned and tried in the last couple of years and should know that the gear does not really matter. Especially not since about a year or so, now that there are plenty of digital choices with good enough IQ and performance. Enjoy your traveling.

If you think about it critically, Gear Acquisition Syndrome is, in itself, a hobby. There is the research and anticipation, the dreaming of all the great things you'll do with your new gear, the actual purchase, and then basking in the afterglow and admiring your new purchase.

Then, of course, there's the reality of actually using your new purchase and/or starting the cycle all over again.

For a time at least, I gotten to a place where I've found that if I have a fairly simple camera, I actually enjoy taking pictures more that GAS . . .

Best of luck, Bruce.

Cheers, Jock

There are two cameras that have been probably the best technically proficient that I have owned, the Leica M9 and the Sony RX1.
Then there are two I've owned that I have gotten the most satisfaction from, that would be the Leica X1 and the Nikon V1/85 1.4 with adaptor, I may still keep an eye out for a used V1 but for now the X2 is good enough.

Back