Android users?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Chris2500dk, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I've finally caved in and bought myself a tablet, and now I'm playing around with using it as part of my workflow.

So far the method is:
    • Shoot a lot of raw + 5mp JPEGs on my RX100m2.
    • Import everything on the tablet via OTG cable (the Wifi of the RX100m2 can't transfer raws to a tablet only to a computer :dash2:).
    • Use QuickPic to cull the JPEGs.
    • Use Snapseed / Google Photos to adjust selected JPEGs.
    • Upload to Flickr.
    • Link Flickr pics here and on Facebook to taste.

It actually works quite well I think. I ended up using 5mp JPEGs as the Android apps I've used only seem to want to save that size anyway, and 5mp is plenty for Flickr / Facebook.
    The OTG cable lets me do a full backup of the SD card while away from home, and since I'm only working on the JPEGs I have a full set of RAW files to play with or discard later on.

So far I've tried 3 image editors, Snapseed, Athentech Perfectly Clear for Android and Google's Photos.
    Perfectly Clear is just too slow on my tablet, I wouldn't want to use that on a regular basis and if I really need to so something special I'd rather run the RAW through Lightroom.
    Snapseed and Photos both seem to work fine, I think I prefer Photos.

Anyone else using a tablet in their workflow? And if so, which apps do you use?
  2. I am a devoted android user, but simply have no desire to edit on my tablet when I can do it on my laptop.

The only time I would consider editing on a tablet is if my laptop was dead or I was taking a long trip and did not bring the laptop. I did briefly mess around with Snapseed, and it seems functional.
  3. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer