Announcement: SeriousCompacts.com Now Supports Tapatalk and Forum Runner

Amin

Hall of Famer
I'm very pleased to announce support for Tapatalk and Forum Runner here at Serious Compacts.

These are inexpensive apps (with free versions on some platforms) which make it easier to read and post in our forums from mobile devices with small displays and/or limited bandwidth.

• Tapatalk has support for iOS (no full-res iPad support yet), Android, Blackberry and Nokia. There is also support for Windows Phone 7 and WebOS via third party apps.

• Forum Runner currently supports iOS and Android with announced plans to support Windows Mobile (Phone 7?) and Blackberry.

I've used both Tapatalk and Forum Runner on my iOS and Android devices. Both are very slick, useful apps. Features are different, so check out the user reviews before buying.

If you try one or both of these apps, let us know what you think of them in this thread!

Please note:

• These apps will only work with forums which support them. Don't buy thinking they will work with all forums (eg, DPReview, etc).

• It is possible though (unlikely) that we will have to remove support for these apps in the future if security issues arise.

• As a general security measure, remember to use a different password for forums like Mu-43 than you use for your email, banking, etc.

You may notice in some of my posts that there is a signature line saying "posted from Tapatalk" or "posted from Forum Runner". This is totally optional in each of those apps. I just have it enabled in order to help spread the word.

Posted from my Nexus S using Forum Runner

Back