1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Announcing LeicaPlace.com

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    LeicaPlace (LP) is a new site/forum for Leica users.

[​IMG]

While there are some great Leica communities on the web already, some of the larger ones can at times get pretty grumpy. Our goal is to create a kinder, friendlier place for Leica users to hang out.

The forum index is structured to include all Leica-related gear, whether it's the latest digital Leica M, a Bessa using the Leica Screw Mount, or a Panasonic LX7 using a Leica lens.

Hope everyone using or interested in Leica gear will check out the new place!

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    As long as we don't necessarily have to *own* Leica to join! @|@

3. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Come and play ;)

Sent from another Galaxy

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I'll be looking for a while but if I start getting urges to sell my car or my house, I'll have to go away again :)

5. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    :D:D:D ...that's why I live in a dustbin... :rolleyes:

Sent from another Galaxy

6. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    the guy from whom I bought my X100 told me the wrist strap is a Leica one, although it doesn't have any logos or markings... does that count?:rolleyes:
    Congrats on yet another member to the SC family though! May it live long and prosper like the others!

7. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    I like LikePlace.com!

Oops. I meant:

I Leica Leicaplace.com?

Well, you know what I mean, come join us!

8. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    I snuck in when the bouncer wasn't looking! :hide:

9. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Ahem... I'm a mod not a bouncer! :p

Sent from another Galaxy

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I joined, but participation is going to be a bit slim. That place scares me.

11. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Well, I'm going to have to join, I guess. My Leica holdings are pretty slim, and mostly old, but I enjoy them. Surely there will be others enjoying the antique section of the new forum.

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Starting the new forum has been an interesting experience from the standpoint of getting the word out. I asked one well known blogger if he'd be willing to sell me an ad space, and he said he's not into "promoting competitors". I never would have thought of him as a competitor. I've linked to his blog before, and if he sent me a press release for something special on his site, I'd be glad to post it for free.

I've asked a few others in this space if they'd be willing to pass the word along. As always, 1001 Noisy Cameras was happy to help out. Very much appreciated. Hopefully one or two of the others will come through as well. These are sites which I link to regularly. Send lots of traffic their way. I don't get the whole "competitor" thing. It's not like this is a zero sum game!

13. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I have some some gear with the word Leica written on it, but I don't have any Leica gear :tongue:

14. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Very nice Amin :) My Minolta rangefinger would qualify me as an LTM user. But.. I dunno.