Another foggy sunrise and poor alien driving...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by entropic remnants, Sep 5, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
  2. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful sunrise shot.
    Also thanks for pointing me at the possibility. I did not realize before what a useful diffuser the fog is.
  3. pr-photographic

pr-photographic New to SC

Sep 5, 2013
    Lisburn, Northern Ireland UK
    Very beautiful shot

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  4. Very artistic shots
  5. Neiltluck

Neiltluck SC Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Derbyshire, England
    Neil Luck
    Love them both

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SeriousCompacts mobile app
  6. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    John, thanks for reminding me what a wonderful camera the X100 is. I've been neglecting it lately in favour of my E-M5, but I now bring it out when I want to travel light, or don't have time to change lenses (family outings, etc).

It went with me to Christo's Big Air Package in the Gasometer in Oberhausen; it's going with me tomorrow to the Archaeological Park in Xanten; and it'll be with me in Rome in October.

Funnily enough, none of my efforts get close to your foggy sunrise: must be the workman :)
  7. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    I appreciate the compliment, Ron -- but I've driven past this point nearly every day for some time now and this is the first time it looked like this! Give Mother Nature her due!

It's really a very nice camera and just about the right size -- not too small, not too large. Once you "get it" -- it can really become a seamless extension of your when you shoot. I've had a number of cameras like that but the Fuji's have some mojo with their blend of the modern and the traditional shooting controls -- and of course they make GREAT images!
  8. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    John - gorgeous sunrise photo, very well composed and the subtle colors are very well captured. Shows again how beautiful the color rendition is of the X-100, one of the best ever. Guess the aliens were distracted by that great morning view, huh?