Another mid life crisis car

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Petach, May 26, 2015.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I finally wore the fragrant Mrs T down with my persistence in pointing out nice looking Z4's, then shedding a tear

My 2004 BMW Z4, 3 litre straight 6, 0-60 in 5.9s, top speed (where permitted) about 150 mph.

Took this shot this morning at ridiculous o'clock

[​IMG]Zed & Me - Early This Morning by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 7
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    Cool! Both generations of Z4 are among the prettiest cars BMW have made in the past decade, with the newer being my favourite. Is Mrs T convinced of the wisdom of your/her decision, now that she's had a ride in the car?
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Very nice Pete. I used to lust after cars like that. Now that I could almost afford one (if I wanted it badly enough and prioritized it over damn near everything else in my life), I don't have any desire for such any more. Which makes it easier to buy the camera gear I enjoy. But it's a great car and that's a great shot, whether you can see much of the car or not. Now you just need to move the controls over to the left side where they belong! :cool:

4. Not a bad choice of midlife crisis car and a very fun shot.
  5. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Excellent shot, my BMW Cooper S Works only gets to 60 in 6.4 seconds! Have fun (where permitted of course!)
  6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Pete, you must plan on living to a ripe old age. I properly got my mid-life crisis car at 33. At age 35 I actually had a crisis and was forced to sell it so I had money to live on.

Hope to see more creative shots like this as time permits. And be safe.
  7. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    cheers all. Whilst I can get in and out without showing my knickers or losing my dignity....its a stayer. Here it is from the outside

[​IMG]My Z4 by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Nice nice nice! The Z4 is one of the nicest iterations of Bangle's "flame surfacing" design. There's lots to like about that.

Like Luke, I started my midlife crisis early, at 24, in a car dealership, when I sat in a Miata and a pretty girl said, "That car is you." Except for a couple of years in the early aughts, I've owned convertibles ever since.

9. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Killer car, Pete.
    And one killer photo.
  10. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Nice. It's called a mid-life crisis because that's when you can afford it.
    • Like Like x 1