Fuji Another one bites the dust...

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
Well I have succumbed to the Siren's call. I'm doing a major reshuffle of my kit and out the other end will pop an X100. We're still struggling for stocks here in Australia - average waiting time when placed on a stock list is 6 weeks. So I've found a week old one here in Australia with 165 shutter actuations and a spare battery (which I hear is necessary) for a little less than brand spanking new. Just shot off the Paypal, and we should be united tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait until then!

...so I'd like to take this opportunity to thoroughly thank (aka "blame") a wide and varied Dramatis Personae for their roles in my demise - with the lead actors, BB and Don, bowing deeply out front of stage. As well as a wide and varied support cast that have posted their shots and comments. Thanks a lot guys!!! :grouphug:

Like you all BB, walking blindly into the mist to seek the source of the Siren's eerie call. I just couldn't wait :blush:

oh dear God ... if Amin ever gets round to setting up a dedicated X100 site, there'll be nobody left here ...
Mate no need for Amin to set up another site, this one looks just fine and it seems there might be a diaspora of X100 deniers migrating to other pilgrim grounds :tomato2:

Honestly, that would be awful I'd prefer us coexist here. There are so many great compacts out there and even better folks behind them and resident here. The one positive thing is that the bar has been lifted on compacts recently and I'm just as happy to welcome all those folks that realise that their big clunky dSLR has been nothing but an albatross around their necks :flowers_2:

oh dear God ... if Amin ever gets round to setting up a dedicated X100 site, there'll be nobody left here ...
:rofl:

I'm not going anywhere no matter what camera I get! Wait, I'm not getting a camera. Phew, all this gear talk gets my head swimming.

Mark, I commend you for your recognizing that we're all in this crazy photographic world together where size doesn't matter unless it's too heavy.:2thumbs:

Well I have succumbed to the Siren's call. I'm doing a major reshuffle of my kit and out the other end will pop an X100. We're still struggling for stocks here in Australia - average waiting time when placed on a stock list is 6 weeks. So I've found a week old one here in Australia with 165 shutter actuations and a spare battery (which I hear is necessary) for a little less than brand spanking new. Just shot off the Paypal, and we should be united tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait until then!

...so I'd like to take this opportunity to thoroughly thank (aka "blame") a wide and varied Dramatis Personae for their roles in my demise - with the lead actors, BB and Don, bowing deeply out front of stage. As well as a wide and varied support cast that have posted their shots and comments. Thanks a lot guys!!! :grouphug:

Turncoat!

I thought I almost had you talked around to the M.
Maybe next time ..............;)

I just got my X100 yesterday :) Lucky I am in a country town and they actually got one in stock at a local electrical store :) I snapped it up and am soooo Happy so far :)

I am also happy my good friend Kyteflier sent me here to play with you nice people, well she said you were nice! lol

Back