Another Useful Way to Post Images from the New Flickr in the Forums

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    There's another way to post images from Flickr that lets other Flickr users favorite your images or view them full size without leaving the forum to go to Flickr. This image shows how to get the code:

13612463923_17048ebefa_o.

The result looks like this (hover over the image, and if you're a logged in Flickr user you'll see options to view full screen, etc):

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/asabet/13037856123/player/" width="1024" height="768" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen=""></iframe>

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Aha, so that's how you do it!

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I just realized that this method makes the image completely unviewable in our forum app :(.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    We've been sort of discussing this in another thread too. If you post a photo like this from within a set, the little scroll arrows on either side will only scroll through THAT set. So it's a nice way to show a series of photos without taking up a lot of room in the forum. Post a photo from a small set that way and the viewer can scroll through the images in that set...

Of course, the tapatalk problem keeps it from being useful to a number of forumites...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    however you share the images, when the image is that great.....it makes all the difference. It's not just a family snapshot. You've captured the moment, the joy...it's a marvelous photo.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    That's the only way I know of doing it. I'm actually loving the new Flickr!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.