Anti Glare Screen Protectors

ReD

Hall of Famer
Recommendations needed for Anti Glare Screen / Protectors

I really am losing my patience with the mirror like glare from the lcd in bright sunlight. Quite often I'm shooting blind & I'm seriously considering a black out cloth taped to the top of camera

Its a shame that viewfinders are not mandatory. Certainly any newer camera I buy will have one as a matter of priority

Look forward to your suggestions

Certainly not whichever protector my second hand X100 came with - I shot in bright sunlight for the first time last weekend, and it was awful, really impossible to compose without using the OVF/EVF. I prefer to be able to use the rear screen, but that just wasn't possible :(

None of them work particularly well. There used to be a loupe kind of biz that could be strapped to a compact, and you could look into it, as if it were a VF, but of course, you are looking at a completely shaded LCD. Also, I think there might be some sunshade thingies as well.

Best option when buying a camera is to find one with lots of dots... 920k and 1.4k are becoming the norm, 260k is woeful and not even worth using... I find that my XZ and GRD3 screens, whilst not fab in bright sun, are not nearly as bad as the older generation cameras, or even some of the newer ones. Or, buy a cam which can have a VF added. I'm still intending to get the VF2 for my XZ-1

Back