1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Any hobbies besides of photography?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    I got, do you?

Best regards, Herman

• Like Like x 4
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Not much. I used to fly stunt kites (hence the nickname), ride mountain bikes, and play guitar. These days I read a lot, and stumble from one medical appointment to the next (how depressing, sorry!)

• Like Like x 7
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I am addicted to the online version of the board game "Settlers of Catan".

• Like Like x 5
  4. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    • Like Like x 10
  5. Judderman62

Judderman62 SC Regular

Mar 24, 2013
    Greater Manchester, UK
    Mike
    trespassing :smile:

• Like Like x 9
  6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I wasn't going to admit to a game addiction, but since you did, so will I. I love the hidden object genre, usually you can play or not as it pleases you. I made the mistake of beginning to play one on facebook (Criminal Case) which requires you to have a bazillion "friends" or you cannot progress. Oh well, new FB ID created for games only. Pathetic, me.

• Like Like x 7
  8. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Been promising myself to get back into some artwork - got to make the time

Paint is attracting me at moment though I'm normally happier with pencil - got to move out of my comfort zone & try something - anything

• Like Like x 15
  9. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I walk a lot. But mostly in the winter. Recently I've been considering getting back in to radio control power boats. (Offshore) Something I loved a long time ago.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    I'd love to be able to do that! My Dad was great artist but alas I never inherited his talent

Motorcycling is my passion, and anything else with an engine second - I guess you could say I'm an incurable petrolhead. I don't ride as much as I used to since a hefty heart attack in April 2012, the long bike tours I used to do are now well off the agenda but i do get out for a few day rides now and then. My baby:.... http://www.dewisant-photography.net/y_ogb_BMW_R1200R.htm

One of my rides over the Yorkshire Dales, (and yes I know i cocked up the date on the opening credits, I'm numerically dyslexic) it was the first one a few months after the heart attack; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSZKBv8B6tE&feature=youtu.be

Apart from that I love the dogs, and the walks they take me everyday. I'm also thoroughly enjoying my photography again after retiring from doing it for a living a number years ago. It's lovely to take pictures just for me and not have to worry if they'll meet someone elses expectations. I never touched a camera seriously for a few years until 2010 when I rediscovered the DSLR. Now I've discovered m4/3 and absolutely love it.

D :smile:

• Like Like x 7
  12. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Hifi. Stopped when my son was born (I had huge tube amps at the time). But lately I bought a nice headphone system and rediscovered my love for music.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Fantastic! So expressive. Pencil and paper... does not get much simpler than that. Anyplace, anytime... what a great "hobby".

• Like Like x 2
  14. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Something other than photography? I don't understand the question. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 6
  15. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    My day job.

I'm hoping to give it up soon.

:smile:

• Like Like x 5
  16. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I play a left-handed, 5-string bass guitar (badly). I travel. I write. I collect Eagle annuals. Oh, and I would like to go back to painting watercolours.

Sent from another Galaxy

• Like Like x 4
  17. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    I do a lot of music stuff. Playing, listening, writing, going to various live things, just now mostly applying theory in real time to stuff on the radio with running commentary whilst operating... it drives my nurses daft. I did some recording a few years ago and have just recorded a couple of songs for a charity album, I don't actually have a copy of that though! I'm hoping to get it soonish. Until then I have some older stuff here: http://www.reverbnation.com/heathermccabe
    Nothing of me and my first love though, the saxophone. I have a Selmer Mark VI Baritone sax who is just a dleight. Like an old car she has ticks and dings, and sometimes you have to ask her really nicely to do stuff, unlike my very eager Yamaha 62 alto which is live and springy. But due to volume levels, I mostly hang out with an acoustic guitar called Laurie, a Blueridge. She is so pretty.

I love kites too, I've got four now and they are great fun. I always have one in the car.

• Like Like x 5
  18. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Just my motorcycle. This mostly involves maintenance and not falling off.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    I used to dismember and recreate pens too :D

I write, stories, lyrics etc.. I hike (camera does go with). My art took its turn in photography but prior to that I drew and painted etc. Not sure I could anymore. The imagination is there, the skill isn't.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fiddler

Fiddler SC Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Colin
    I play the guitar and fiddle, Have a nice Gibson Les Paul, and a couple of Taylor acoustics. I have two good fiddles. Also play keyboards, but not particularly well!

Music is my first love and photography is a close second :smile:

• Like Like x 3