Any hobbies besides of photography?

My other hobbies would be lifting weights and occasionally playing my guitar. Not sure why but my drive to play it has gone down quite a bit in the last few years.

Sounds like a lot of us play guitar. I guess that makes sense.

I started playing at 13 when my dad gave me a classical he got in the Navy in the 60's. That lead to a snot-colored telecaster - one of the earliest Japanese Fenders that didn't say "Squire" on them, just "made in japan", it turns out (this was in 1987). TYhose later turned out to have been made entirely too well for Fender's taste, but I digress. Once I hit college and got student loans, the choice between decent food or another guitar was an easy one to make, and the collection quickly swelled to about ten guitars, mostly american Fender electrics, all bought used for around $500. Then I made friends with a guy with a furniture shop, and got to make 2 electrics. Then a tax refund turned into a pedal steel.

These days I still have it all, but nothing left the house for 5 years. That made me very sad, so I reached out to a guy at work, and we started playing. That lead to another gig which has just started up with a different group, so I'm finally playing again. Feels good.

I have several.

I've been bowling since I was 14. I've been bowling leagues for almost 20 years. I've been maintaining a 190 average for the last few years. I also hike a good bit. This is where lots of my photos come from. I also have two telescopes which I use frequently. I enjoy looking at the planets and some of the brighter nebula's and star clusters. I also have given stunt kite flying a shot, but I'm not very good and no one does it around here to get more of a hang of it. I also have an electric 1/16th hobby car that I drive and crash a bit too...hehe.

I collect guitars; mostly acoustic but a few electric and only WISH I could play them decently. I also fool around with a variety of model-building; primarily model railroad subjects these days. I collect guns and love all things automotive. I've owned more than 100 cars including a variety of Porsches, Corvettes, a Shelby Cobra, etc., and a few motorcycles.

Back