Any Other Hobbies ?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Which?

• Like Like x 1
  2. gracefruit

gracefruit SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    central scotland
    Hi Herman - Happy weekend to you!

i make soap as a hobby when I have time.

2262406689_745a14fd6e.
    day off soap by gracefruit, on Flickr

This photo is a bit old, but this is the sort of thing I make when I can find a few minutes.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    If you look at my user name it kinda gives it away.... Yes I'm into the Paranormal, ghosts/spirits especially. I run a group called Surrey Paranormal and we go out investigation apparent haunted locations. It's very interesting and great fun.

One thing that's interesting is that I keep seeing what looks like someone coming out my kitchen and into the utility room and back again when I'm sitting at my PC. It's the corner of the eye thing but sometimes it's more than that. This has been going on for about 8 years and I see it when sitting at my PC. I see the figure in the window opposite me that reflects up towards the utility room. I was told by a friend that it is indeed a ghost and he used to look after the land for a local monastery back in 1860 which would fit as the land my house was on used to belong to a local Monastery that's not around anymore. We still have to pay about 50p to the council for the upkeep of the land because of this. He is here making himself know to me but keeps his distance. This friend saw the figure just the other night and he is also a bit psychic. I used to think it was either the wife or kids getting something from the fridge but it happens when I'm alone mostly!

How cool is that!! Glad I'm not going mad....or am I? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 6
  4. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Thanks BB and Andy for your replies.
    Making soap and a real ghost hunter aboard, wow, very remarkable hobbies!

• Like Like x 1
  5. lovinglife

lovinglife SC Regular

Jul 25, 2011
    WOW
    Very Nice!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bugleone

Bugleone SC Regular

Jun 1, 2011
    England
    I'm 'Bugleone' because I'm a life-long brass musician in brass bands although I have never played the bugle in anger! Also a life-long maker of all kinds of things, currently a clockmaker working on skeleton clocks,.....ex classic vehicle restorer and cottage renovator etc.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    I adore music and dance, if those qualify. I also shoot in a traditional longbow.

• Like Like x 3
  8. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    pretty boring i'm afraid; running, cooking and salsa dancing, and when I have the time and money, travelling / hiking / riding bicycle... i'd love to learn to dive or ski as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    I like walking, cycling and kayaking but these days never seem to do any of them enough. I was pants at art at school but yesterday, on a whim, I bought a heap of watercolour paints, some paper, brushes and a how-to book to see if I have improved with age. The first of my paintings suggests not but I enjoyed it all the same.

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I used to fly stunt kites, I have 8 or 9 in the cupboard, but I never seem to get out much at all anymore. I was also into mountainbiking, 20 years ago, but have got over that, and the best I can do now is get on the exercise bike once in a great while (great being the operative word.) Then, theres the music. I used to sing/play guitar in a local restaurant *many* years ago. I still have the guitar but an increasing girth makes it difficult to play (dreadnought body requires a relatively lard free gut)and I can't sing a note anymore, since becoming asthmatic... cant get enough air. I stillsing in the shower, though, and when the neighbours are out or on vacation I sometimes let loose with the guitar *and* the voice... but not often enough - the mind is willing.... Photography has had to replace all of that. At least fitness is not a mandatory requirement of pursuing the hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    HUdSonKieth, we have another member here who is a ghost hunter.:wink:

Please stop over to our Welcomes and Introductions forum and tell us about yourself and how you found your way here to Serious Compacts. It's the best place to get to know people on the forum.:thumbup:

12. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Fellow ghosthunters I am a cemetery lurker. The more haunted the better.. I've caught me a few.. strange things but mostly I do it for the haunting beauty of the places, the older the better of course. I also am into music and I write [as in fiction stories etc..].

13. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Wow! Lots of different hobbies and people but we all have one thing in common, apart from breathing air lol. We all love photography!

For me, my other hobbies are reading and I love my movies, and getting out to take photos, and the zoo :) Not too exciting, nothing like ghost hunting, but I'm just a quiet person :)

14. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    At the moment the hobby list would be wine collecting, cooking, Japanese kitchen knives, guitars, ukuleles , folk art, travel and vintage cameras.

15. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    Tea: old pu erh, wulong and when it is hot (as it is now) greens. I like to cook & eat. Above all that most precious of things: sleep.

16. soundfanz

soundfanz SC Regular

My biggest passion in life is music. I listen to it every single day, couldn't do without it in fact. And hand in hand with that is my love of hi fi, and especially turntables.
    I have a good collection of records, a few hundred cd's, and enjoy jazz, rock, alternate, blues, soul, and dibble in some world music and reggae too. :)

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  17. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    I'm eating back into real records :) Setting up an amp and turntable kit and I have a few records left from my teen years. There is nothing like listening to them these days, digital stuff is just too sterile.

18. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    I still have my old records and turntables. I used to mix.. before it all went digital and fake ;)

19. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    I still have a lot of records plus I a very nice turntable and cartridge but sadly they just sit there as I plug my IPod into my audio system, one other thing that I have become very lazy with.

20. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    The toughest hobby for me is music related,it is my painful attempts at playing guitar. I have proven beyond a doubt that no matter how good your equipment is you really do need some talent to play

• Like Like x 1