Any Other Hobbies ?

As a kid of around 13 I learned waterski behind an GRP boat with a 20 hp Crescent outboarder. Later on a Lanaverre saildinghi, the 420 was my main boat. In 1974 a Hobie cat, the Hobie 14 brought more thrill on the water. I never capsized more but with this cat.......lot's of fun at the Cote Azur and in the Netherlands. Parallel I started windsurfing with a board from Hoyle Schweitzer. Sailing competitions all over Germany and Europe forced me to travel with my girlfriend Loretta* in a VW Bully camper - another great hobby.... The Hobie had been sold and windsurfing became more serious by shaping, glassing and all the stuff.
Now I'm a bit lazy and sit in an Adventure Island from Hobie, it's a Tri- sailing kayak with outriggers. As a typical american design it has more cup-holders as paddles.....;-)

Yesterday I ordered a used KLEPPER folding boat, the Klepper Aerius 1 a one seater folding boat.....back to the olde days with 64.......

Ten years ago I tried to play the blues - and the blues knocked at my door.....because all the guitars and the stuff didn't help me to master music, even I listen a lot.....my sons got the Fenders, Gibsons the Lakewood and the tweed amps......it's some kind of sponsoring.....

*my wife for more than 35 years...

Six years back, photography made me smile (again).......

The toughest hobby for me is music related,it is my painful attempts at playing guitar. I have proven beyond a doubt that no matter how good your equipment is you really do need some talent to play

LOL I hear ya. I haven't played seriously for 30 years. Back then, the manager of one of the big local bands said to me "Sue... as a guitarist you are a fabulous singer". I think it wasn't long after that, that I decided discretion was the better part of valour and I quit.

I travel a lot both domestic and overseas (mostly to Japan) but between working full time during the day and studying for my degree in the evenings I dont really have much time for anything else, specially when you factor in the chores and personal errands, taking photos is a great excuse for me to take time out and clear my mind. My only other hobby would probably be relaxing while listening to Jazz (which I am a fan of).

I horseback ride in the backcountry mountains here in Alaska, average 15 - 20 miles a weekend during the summer. I also make custom leather work, mostly holsters for handguns and hunting knives. Used to play the guitar a lot more, but never was any good at it. Love to read, mostly the old stuff though. I'll take Kipling and Irving over Grishom and Cussler any day. Being from the southernpart of the US originally, I mostly hibernate during the winter, waiting anxiously for the thaw. I don't ski, ice fish or snowmachine, so I'm stuck. :)

Back