1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone having problems with flickr?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Ghosthunter, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    On my iMac Flickr has always been super fast but recently it has slowed down to crawling pace. I have buzzed around the net but theres not much that I can find.

My iPad always struggles with flickr and has for the past year or so to the point where most images just won't load.

There are no decent alternatives that are like flickr :(

Anyone else having similar problems?

2. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    The last couple of days I've noticed that some linked Fickr images here are reluctant to load. I just get a [X] symbol where a picture should be. Refreshing the page normally works.

This is with Win7 and IE11.

-R

3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I have just re-booted my iMac to upgrade iTunes and it's still the same. No matter what I try it's still sloooooow. I Will have a look at 500px and Youpic to see if they are slow too. If they are then it's me!!

4. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Only that it now makes me sign in every time. Most annoying.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  5. taqtaq

taqtaq SC Regular

May 31, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    Tuukka
    Flickr has been very slow for me for few months now. It's not always but when it is, it's usually bad enough so that I just try again later.
    I don't have any logging issues though.

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I haven't had any problems with it although I've seen linked images take a little while to show up from time to time. I think that's gotta be on their end, though, not mine....on the iPad, I've been using FlickrStackr for years and never had any issues with it...

-Ray

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I see their site as erratic for sure. But not consistently slow. It'll be slow for a day or two and then back to normal. A website of that size should NOT be like that. There's no excuse for them to have issues. I suppose we need to sit through one of Bill's rants again now about the superiority of ipernity. :drama:

8. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Well it seems to be fast again on the iMac phew! I'll try the iPad in a bit.

9. CapoDave

CapoDave SC Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Mission Viejo Ca
    Dave Kavlich
    Works ok on my IMac but not on my IPhone.

10. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Someone call? :biggrin:

Let me summarise.

Flickr ruined. Run into ground. Investment slashed. Ripe for major security breach. Turned into Faceache lite. Advertising inserted. If you are not paying for the product you are the product. Marissa Meyer incompetent and out of touch. Yahoo evil. Did I mention Yahoo evil?

Ipernity good. Ipernity like Flickr used to be. Ipernity communities friendly. Ipernity owners listen and respond. No adverts. Good performance. No downtime. Just works. Bill happy. :cool:

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1