Anyone Know About MiNT Cameras?

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by Biro, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Biro

Biro SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I researched them quite a bit. I like the idea of it, but the IQ seems to be very lacking for the price you are paying. I passed and instead got the Lomo Belair X6-12 with instant back and the Lomo'Instant Wide instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MoonMind

MoonMind SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I tried the first generation TL70 - I liked the handling, and the new viewfinder on the 2.0 model is definitely a big improvement (the first generation was decidedly murky), but IQ isn't really a step up from the cheaper (albeit less capable) Lomo'Instant (not the Wide) and Fujifilm Instax Classic Neo 90. The upcoming Lomo'instant Automat is going to be a very competitive camera - I checked a pre-release model at Photokina, and if I didn't have the Lomo'Instant (a gorgeously simplistic camera that needs some knowledge to shoot well), I'd absolutely get the Automat before falling for the TL70.

That said, I think the TL70 is a good camera - just a bit overpriced, but conceptually very well thought out. If TLR shooting is your thing (or nostalgia bugs you), you won't go far wrong with the MiNT. I just think the Lomography offerings are more convincing. The Leica Sofort ("instantly" in German - slow joke ...), on the other hand, is a pretty shameless re-branding of the Fujifilm Neo 90, removing the very handy second shutter button to boot - maybe with slightly better handling in some places (flash de-activation - but that remains to be seen), but at twice the price, I'll pass on that ...

M.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1