1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone Use PNY Memory Cards?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Biro, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Amazon.com U.S.'s Gold Box Deal of the day involves deep discounts on PNY memory cards. But the card that has my attention doesn't appear to be one of those on sale. It's the PNY Elite Performance 16GB UHS-1 SDHC Flash Card with 90mb/sec. Other than a couple of Transcend cards that I used with my Canon S3 IS back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I have used only SanDisk cards. Any take on these cards?

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Per..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ET6ZFC0B9AX31W5V7AH

This PNY card is going for $14.99 versus $41.69 for the SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s.

2. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Yes, I use 16gb and 32gb PNY class 10 cards pretty much exclusively in my Fuji XF-1 and X20 as well as a couple of Canon 5D cameras. I've had great luck with the 32gb cards shooting HD video in the 5D Mark II too. 'Never has a problem with them. Good luck.
    . . . David

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I have two older 8GB PNY cards that I've had for a couple years and neither have ever failed or even had a hiccup.

4. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Okay then. Luke, if I click on my own link above, Amin's site gets the credit, correct?

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    That should be correct Steve. I just checked this post and it seems the affiliate codes are now automagically associated to any link from here.