Anyone want to join in another challenge - "The Single in...."?

Alright, I'll give it a go as long as you're not handing out lines for non-completion of homework.

I will be using the NEX-5 with Canon FD 35-70mm.

Prepare to see lots of pictures of the dog, my feet, the kitchen floor etc as I am likely to forget until late at night when I mysteriously come alive like some vampire type creature. Shame I can't use the nice stuff I got today in Edinburgh. I even attempted "street" then went and apologised to the person. I can be quite wet like that.

Not allowed as it was 30th June...
5889551342_39fe21225c.jpg
[/url] DSC00858 by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

Kal,
Which Sonnar version is that? I really like the muted colours in that image.

It's a Zeiss ZM C-Sonnar 1,5/50, original version (i.e. optimised for f2.8). The colours are close to true, but I did further increase contrast in pp to blow out the sky and darken the rhs. So to be fair that wasn't an entirely pp free image. I'll flag a couple as pp free on my flickr if your interested?

Mine's taken and up. Please forgive my day one....it was late...close to 10pm :blush:

But hey, we're in for a while so I'd prefer to consider this challenge a little like a league....with the first few shots just to judge my handicap for the rest of the games ;)

Is one forbidden to join late? I forgot, and the only shots I did yesterday were with a camera I had no intention of using for this, because I have not been able to get control over my inability to shoot without any image stabilisation. I wanted to use the K-5 with 35mm Ltd.

i reckon that you can join in anytime that you want

good posting

Thanks for the clarification, Bill, I've never done one of these before so no idea, really, what the conventions are :)

I'm with Bill. This is a challenge of the self, not a place to be judged by others....

Welcome aboard Kyte!!!:grouphug:

<big grin> Thanks. Showering and wandering off now :)

I'm with Bill on this one, it's about fun and encouragement.
As the OP said - take photos every day, and if you need a couple of days to do pp and upload; thats cool.
Just get out there and start making pictures :)

I'm in - it's 6:20PM and I have relatives arriving shortly for our first cookout (AKA BBQ) of the summer. I can't remember do I upload here and the gallery?

Again the rules are simple, take one photo for every day of the month with the same single camera/lens combination (a fixed compact or zoom is fine). Then just post your images into the Gallery that Don (Streetshooter) will set up shortly whenever you get the chance - so there is time enough for PP if you so desire.

Oh yeah, I'm only using the Fuji X100. Taken in our garden not too long ago.

Putting it in the gallery now!

I've changed my mind about which camera. It occurred to me whilst I was showering, that if I *don't* use the camera with which I am least competent... I'll never get there. So, I will submit my rubbish shot from July 1st and then out I go to do stuff every day. Maybe I will find some stability along the way :) GRDIII here we go.

Back