Anyone want to join in another challenge - "The Single in...."?

I'm terribly sorry that I have not been active here for a few days but work took off and we are off for a couple of weeks holiday on Friday. I do have some images to add to the gallery when I get back but regrettably I haven't taken a shot for a week or so. Keep up the good work everyone.

Well, I have just submitted my last, having missed, I think, 4 or 5 days. I was surprised I hung in there that long. Its been a learning experience. One thing I learned is that not all cameras will do everything you want. Sometimes zooming with your feet is impossible, or inappropriate. I've learned that my capacity to keep a non-stabilised camera still enough for a sharp shot is variable, some days are better than others. I've learned that I do not now, nor will I ever, have enough gall to just go up and photograph someone at short range (this is something I can live with). I've learned that I could never in a million years do a whole year of this, and I probably wont join another "single in.."

I've also learned quite a bit about the GRD3, not the least of which is that it is not going to be my "go to" camera when I don't want to carry the K-5 about. For now, the G11 will fall back into that slot. I'm not sure if I will even keep the GRD, but am not deciding until enough time has passed to get over the "single in" trauma :) Except for those star shots, I have only been using the GRD wherever I went, this month, and have often wished to have brought something else along. (that XZ is still in my sights, but not until I dispose of a few stray other cameras)

...seeing me leave before the sun rises and get home well after it has set - as well as farm duties on both sides armed with a head-torch, I've not found the opportunity to take shots...

Good defense! Who could dispute your point? Sorry you couldn't continue, but thanks so much for starting the project! "All is forgiven; write home (and please enclose pictures when and as you can...)

OTOH, how about a challenge taking pictures lit by head-torches?....:D

Well I've finished too - although I did manage to shoot each day there is little of real merit in what I've shot. I am now a lot more familiar with the EX1/TL500 and only used the zoom for one shot. I really liked using the articulating screen and the lens performed as well as I'd hoped. Happy now to have bought this in preference to the XZ-1.

Also gave my Nik plugins a workout to add interest to mundane images.

My other cameras have been languishing - not sure what that says about owning 5 cameras - other than I'm more a collector than an artist.

I think I'd like to skip August and restart in September but if there are enough starters I just might tag along again in August with the X100.

Not me this time ~ I learned a lot about the GXR, though there's more to absorb, and I learned that figuring out the x100 was too much for me at the present time, in spite of its many wonderful qualities. I'll be watching closely what Fuji does with the next one (and appreciating what you all do with this current one.) We're off on a holiday soon, though, and I'll want a backup and as many options as I can manage. Maybe later in the year, though.

All the best,

Tom

Congratulations to everyone you took part - I bowed out quite early; these PaDs are far too much like hard work for me, and I can't seem to get on with them.
I would've posted more pictures recently anyway, but a couple of weeks ago my M8 suffered spontaneous shutter death... Luckily it's within warranty, and while my dealer has sent it to Germany to be fixed - they just posted me a loan body, so I can get out and shoot again. :)

Echoing Kal's sentiments, congrats to all that completed the challenge. As the person who initiated things in July I am more than a little embarrassed not to be celebrating with you. PaD in the height of Winter is a very tough call, and so I fully support Don's call to hold off until September. This will give us Southerners some light on either side of the day....and hopefully there's still a healthy dose enough for our friends up North.

Back