Anyone want to join me in a Google Hangout right now to chat about cameras, etc

Amin

Hall of Famer
I'm trying out Google Hangouts for the first time in a long time right now. If anyone is free to chat, come join me.

At a minimum you'll need a microphone built into your computer/phone/tablet. A webcam (or phone/tablet cam) is preferred but not needed.

Link: Sign in - Google Accounts

Anyone think we need another website for Samsung NX or Nikon 1? Join the hangout and let's discuss :D.

Sounds cool. I didn't see that you were doing it until you were almost done, so I didn't jump in. Maybe next time.

How many people can it accommodate? I did a "Go To Meeting" thing recently and it works incredibly well up to about 4-5 people but after that it seemed beyond the technology and things bogged down really badly. I think they allow up to 25 total participants, but only six webcams - everyone else is audio only, although they can see the six webcams...

-Ray

Up to 10 people at a time. I've done that without any bogging down. For a podcast we'd probably want to limit it to 5 so we're not talking over one another.

I need some cosmetic surgery before I expose myself on video - anyway at Euro "countryside" broadband speeds I can sound like a stuttering idiot, (no comments please Paul!)
It's ok Bill I'm not reading this thread so you're safe

I'm testing out hangouts again now, trying to make sure the audio/video/etc will work for a podcast.

Anyone who wants to join me, here is the link: Sign in - Google Accounts

If I'm not there and you see an empty room, means I had to go help put the kids to bed and will be back soon enough.

Back