Arches, Utah

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pniev, Aug 13, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Sunrises and sunsets in the Arches are breathtaking. Unfortunately the weather spoiled our sunset when we visited the Windows section at the end of the day. The next morning we walked to Delicate Arch, which - unfortunately - is a sunset rather than a sunrise location. Although I bought the ebook “Photographing Arches” by Bret Edge no sunrise/sunset shots from this side. So I will definitely go back. Nevertheless, some shots taken (also posted at fujixspot)

2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Pniev, you are in a roll (along with the Yellowstone photos)! Lovely!
  3. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    a few more in B/W
  4. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    No's 1 and 3 of your black and whites are rather special, but then I do like my landscapes sans people :smile: I would have been in there exploring the textures of those wonderful twisted trees.

5. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    Beautiful shots.
  6. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Great stuff, captures the atmosphere beautifully
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Sometimes one's memory photos are the most meaningful, however it seems to me that you're still getting some good shots despite that less than perfect weather. That middle black and white with the two people is quite interesting to me. I really like the contrasts both tonally and subject wise... You were lucky that your friends (I'm assuming you were with them) were dressed the way they were - just perfect for black and white!
  8. Great shots from a fascinating place
  9. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks BB, I wish I could say they dressed up for the occasion but I was just lucky.
  10. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    B&W and color are all great, but for that red rock country, color rules! :thumbup: