As far as I know, no website does this . . .

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
show comparative sizes of unmounted lenses.

So, how about it you folks who own multiple cameras systems, how about a pix of your wide, normal, and tele of your "big" system next to the wide, normal, and tele of your "small" system??

Cheers, Jock

Well, you can mount most lenses on most bodies on the camera size comparison site here. I mounted the Oly 75-300 (150-600mm equiv.) on the Olympus E-M5 and mounted the Sigma Bigma 50-500 on a full frame Canon. This is all the comparison one needs to understand why so many people are willing to take the small IQ hit for the massive size difference. Compact Camera Meter

Well, you can mount most lenses on most bodies on the camera size comparison site here. I mounted the Oly 75-300 (150-600mm equiv.) on the Olympus E-M5 and mounted the Sigma Bigma 50-500 on a full frame Canon. This is all the comparison one needs to understand why so many people are willing to take the small IQ hit for the massive size difference. Compact Camera Meter

Thanks, Luke, I expanded on the comparison with the FZ200 and the N1V2 with a big
Compact Camera Meter

Cheers, Jock

the Nikon looks quite small. It doesn't have the FZ200 reach, though. I just ordered a J1. I'm not sure I'll be excited about the lack of a viewfinder, but if I'm satisfied with the quality of the files, I may eventually upgrade to a V1.

the Nikon looks quite small. It doesn't have the FZ200 reach, though. I just ordered a J1. I'm not sure I'll be excited about the lack of a viewfinder, but if I'm satisfied with the quality of the files, I may eventually upgrade to a V1.

Luke,

I'll be very interested to hear what you think of if.

Cheers, Jock

Back