1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

At the LOMO store

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by tdp, Apr 6, 2013.

1. tdp

tdp Guest

Stopped by the LOMO store downtown for a bit of browsing and shopping. All of these cameras shoot either 110, 120 or 35mm. All but the camera phone shot is from my EM5 with a CV 17.5

Lomo Shop by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

[​IMG]

This is a 110 that shoots only fisheye:

8623948989_0e5cec6ba3_c.

And the end result, a 35mm wide angle metal camera with flash:

8623576677_b671db2028_b.
    Untitled by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

2. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    love their panoramic cameras and that new Belair 6x12 cm floder.
    Lovely shots of film goodness!!!!!

3. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    awww
    i miss the lomo store that was in downtown austin
    it was so cool
    they shut down tho :(
    they had a meetup.com thing, and would have lomo workshops
    $10 and you get a camera rental, a little photography lesson, and youd all go out as a group to shoot
    it was fun!

4. tdp

tdp Guest

They had 3 of the 6x12 folding cameras there with some printouts, pretty cool stuff.

5. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    I give all the "kudos" in the world to the Lomo folks for their help in keeping film alive :smile:

6. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    So how many did you get?

7. tdp

tdp Guest

Just one, the last photo in the set. I have a plastic TLR camera already, that one is a real bugger to get desired results from.

8. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Are you developing the film or sending it out? What are your expectation for the TLR and what are you getting?

Gary

9. tdp

tdp Guest

The TLR is just a piece of **** (that is not for four stars), the biggest thing that bothers me about it is the amount of pressure required to trip the shutter. It is way too much.

Pertaining to the new toys, I haven't developed film since the early 90s when I rented time from the MWR photolab at Camp Foster, Okinawa. I miss those days....having to pull water from the water cooler because tap water was too warm to even show up on the charts :)

I wouldn't mind doing it again but I would need everything.

10. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Developing is easy, but you know that... Just some tanks, reels and a couple of jugs. If you want to go fancy, then a changing bag. In lieu of printing, scan. For me working with film would be another time-consuming task which I don't think would add any enhancements to my images or skills. (I've developed film nearly every working day for a decade +.) You can probably get everything you'll need to start, including chemicals, for around $100 USD. If you want new stuff, for nearly nothing if you Craig's List and use some patience.

Gary

11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Am I the only one who wants a digital Lomo? I mean, you can still use crappy plastic lenses....maybe even built-in light leaks and design funky cool bodies. I'm just done with film. Is that an anti-Lomo sentiment? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Hurrah for those keeping at it.

12. tdp

tdp Guest

I'm pretty sure they had a few digitals there, I know a few other non LOMO specific stores have them.

13. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Ooooohhhh want may have to break down and order one

14. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    If anyone figured a way to make digital versions of all these cameras, they are going to make a fortune. More so than the film lomo people.

15. tdp

tdp Guest

JOCO and MINIMO are a couple of the digital LOMOs out there, there are quite a few more as well.

16. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I just did a Google search for those and had difficulty finding them. Perhaps they need to fire their marketing depts.

17. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I was looking for a company store to see their range of products.

18. tdp

tdp Guest

I can dig around some Chinese sites to see if any of the vendors have pages. Web presence can get a little fuzzy in these parts with the smaller companies out there.

19. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    ahh I understand now, it's ok, I was just curious to see what the digital lomo people are up to, that's all. I think there is great potential to capture the instagram-type market with these 'cute' cameras.