Feedback availability of menu

pdh

Legend
in the view given using Cameraderie there is no "menu" line; so if I watn to mark all read or go directly to image therads or whatever else, I first have to come back to one of the other views.
Doesn't appear if you go to "images" either btw

bit irritating

I just read a review of the newly-published journals of Laura Ingalls Wilder, and the moment I read that she had been in Wisconsin, I immediately formed an image in my mind's eye - which I cannot now shift - of you in a bonnet ...

in the view given using Cameraderie there is no "menu" line; so if I watn to mark all read or go directly to image therads or whatever else, I first have to come back to one of the other views.
Doesn't appear if you go to "images" either btw

bit irritating

It's always been that way, and I don't have any way to change it other than to remove the Active and Image Threads pages completely.

"need" is a bit tricky, isn't it?

There are all sorts of options that make a site fit easily with an individual user and makes it simple and straightforward for them to navigate.

Someone will always be dissatisfied with how the site works, while others will always say it is unimprovably perfect.

You feel you don't "need" those pages, while I use them all the time. I used to use "new posts" and then I changed my preference.
I find the mobile version of the site unusable and find (free) tapatalk really excellent. Others seem to think tapatalk is awful.
I find it endlessly annoying to always have to find a drop-down to mark forums read, and I never use any of the links to the other sites, others don't care about the former and want the latter always on tap.

It may be more of a pain in the arse for you to maintain the site with more options available, but the cost of not doing so is to the end user when options become unavailable or feels more difficult, and the upshot might be that the user doesn't visit the site so often and so click-through payments or subs are fewer than they might be ...

anyway, as I've said many times before, a forum isn't a democracy but is the owner's to run as she or he wishes!

I guess a better way of asking my question would be, who uses those pages, and for those who do, is the lack of a menu so annoying that it might be better to get used to life without the pages rather than having them with the annoyance related to their use?

I've added many features to the sites, and it's always tough to take one away. Which makes it tough to try new ones, because whether they are good or bad, someone will want to keep them.

Back