B&H Sony A7R for $1,838 and A7 for $1,238

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by serhan, Mar 19, 2014.

1. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    It's a little late but still works:

Super deal on the Sony A7R, A7 and kit at B&H Photo. The special price will end today.

Item must be added to cart to reflect lower price.
    If you don't see the special price, you may need to login and use code 15111560925873 at checkout.

Sony A7R for $1,838 and A7 for $1,238
    ($460 off)

• Like Like x 6
  2. rbelyell

rbelyell SC Top Veteran

May 14, 2013
    NY Mtns
    holy cow!! you cant get an m8 for $1200!!! for me that means when i want to buy this--at the time they come out with a potrait lens--theyll be giving 'em away!

3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Crazy, great deal!

I am trying to rationalize that the use of my A7 since December was worth more than $460. :rolleyes:

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Not that I'm going to buy, but I can't seem to get it to work. Where do you enter the code?

5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Huh, I can't figure out where to enter the code either (I am not actually ordering!)

Sounds like this process is a little hit and miss:
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1281471/0

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    serhan's post was yesterday and mentioned that it was only good for one day.....maybe the promotional box only appears when their are discounts available.

and you two are funny.....not buying.....just seeing if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I have to admit, the A7 makes more sense to me at any price than the A7r. $1200 and change? That's got to get a lot of people interested. If it was on sale at that price once, it will be again.

8. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  9. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Not working ...

10. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    It shows discounted in the cart w/ Microsoft internet explorer. Normally it is full msrp price until it hits to your cart. I haven't tried to check it out but the link says it works.

11. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I just tried that link and I do get a box for the promo code in the cart now, but then it gives me "Promotion code already being used by another user" when I try to use it.

Luckily, I really don't need another one! Seriously. I think anyway. Well, all wanna-be serious amateurs need a backup body, right?!

• Like Like x 1
  12. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    When you use the link and add the item in the cart, it goes w/ promo code, so you don't need enter a promo code. When you type the promo code, it is second time so that might be the error...

• Like Like x 1
  13. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    You are correct, just using the link works. It went in the cart as $1238 just now. What a great deal. :eek:

14. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Ah, it worked. Damn that's so much cheaper. I'm feeling silly now.

Is Sony about to release a new replacement already?

15. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    Not according to SAR, but he said another FF model coming in the fall which is not clear what it is...

It looks like it is more making the sales numbers/market share esp when the market is shrinking. Also they are matching to their Japanese release prices more or less after they got early adopter fee from us. Maybe also lenses have enough margins too. A7 sale price is close or cheaper then EM1 or XT1 prices, which is amazing considering how much normally a FF sensor/dslr sells more then apsc ones.

16. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    I hate you guys with all those discounts. :026:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Well, try to think of all the money you're saving without these tempting discounts ;)

It's hard to resist sometimes... and easy to buy things you don't end up using a lot...

• Like Like x 1
  18. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    It looks like this deal is good until the end of March. :eek:

19. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    That is what I read at FM post also.