B&W Conversion in Lightroom

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by olli, Apr 29, 2011.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I wince when I think of the amount I've spent on on glass and other bits and pieces this past year, yet I am still intensely resistant to paying for this sort of thing ... irrational I suppose .... mind you, for $5 a pop, I'll share my split-tone preset for LR ...

3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    I understand. I'm the same - it's only because I've been following this guy's blog for some time and have had good experiences with other ebooks in the series that I'm prepared to buy it.

I think it also helps that I come from the UK and convert everything from USD into GBP so its actually only 3 quid :smile:

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    yes, I know ... and what can you get for 3 quid these days ? (in England I mean) ... I reckon it's to do with the fact that it's not a "thing" ... if I saw a printed and bound version for a tenner I expect I wouldn't think twice

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    At $5 for a 100 page ebook I bought it even though I own Silver EFEX. Bargain at less than a copy of a photo mag at the shop.

6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks for this olli! Interestingly when it first came out they were offering a chance to win Nik's Silver Efex - that was on April 12th.

His site looks very interesting and so does the book - much appreciated!