Back in the game with a GF5

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by P.H, Jun 21, 2016.

1. P.H

P.H SC Regular

Apr 4, 2011
    Derby, UK
    My lovely GX1 has developed several faults after too many trips rattling around in a cycle bag, still usable but not ideal.
    I dithered with the idea of replacing it with something more compact like the LX100, but in the end I like the change of mindset a change of lens can produce. Now I've just pressed the buy button on a GF5 with only 450 shots on the counter from a reliable eBay seller and I'll see how this works out. I may stick the 14mm lens on it for a while and not carry any others, ideally I'd like the 12 - 32 as a carry round, though it'll have to wait till to see how I get on with it. For the sort of photos I have in mind (Bike ride, see something, stop, take photo without getting off bike, ride off again without delaying group too much) I may try leaving it on IA, I'm not sure I get better results in the time frame anyway.
    If this works out I may break my one camera rule and add a GX85 for more serious camera days, having two may mean I get to take better care of the good one!
    So, just thought I'd share, partly as a way of ordering my thoughts, also always willing to listen to opinion and advice.
    Thanks