1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bang for the Buck: Sony NEX-C3 and Sigma Dual Lens Kit

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    You can get a like-new Sony NEX-C3 on Ebay for about $250.

Meanwhile, B&H has the Sigma 19mm and 30mm f/2.8 lenses for NEX in stock for $199.99 total (for both lenses) with free shipping. Sigma is bringing out revised versions of both of those lenses, hence the sale, but these first versions are excellent in their own right.

2013-01-30_2108.

That's less than $500 altogether for a kit that:
    • has sensor image quality that is pretty much at par with anything this side of full frame
    • features truly excellent wide and normal primes
    • is as small and light as you can ask for

I don't think there is any better deal than this in the world of serious compact cameras.

2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    The combined price of the two lenses is pretty amazing. The NEX turned out to not really be my thing, but if it had of been this would of been of interest to me...

3. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    I've only been involved in non-P&S photography for about four years now. In that time frame the changes with regard to IQ-to-Cost ratio are really stunning. This kit suggested by Amin is another example of that, and maybe the best example out there right now.

4. tympman

tympman New to SC

Jan 31, 2013
    How are the fit and finish of the sigma lenses? Are they similar to my Pan 14mm and oly 17 2.8?

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I would say so. They seem well made and are nice looking too.

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    If you can still find them in stock at Sears, the C3 kit is $201.74. My local Searses had it in stock until a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    It's been a long time since I was in a Sears. I would have never guessed they had a camera section.

8. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    The camera section is on par with what Target has. They do have some decent cameras. I'm waiting for the Sony A35K to drop to $249. It's been stubbornly stuck at $349.